The Workday Reading: May 27, 2015
May 27, 2015
1) Tales of J.Crew’s fall from grace continue, despite weeks of puff pieces like this one in Town & Country. The latest is from the Wall Street Journal who covers why shoppers are no longer enamored with the once beloved brand.
2) Net-a-Porter is having a sale, drop.everything.
3) i09 explains why washing your clothes in cold water with a cold-water detergent is good for your clothes and better for Earth. PopSugar also covers how to wash dry clean clothing at home. (Don’t forget, there’s a difference between dry clean and dry clean only.)
5) “Humblebragging doesn’t work. If you want to brag, just brag. Even better, just complain.” The Atlantic covers how to self-promote and express dissatisfaction in one handy guide.
7) It’s that fun time of year when Merriam-Webster decided which “new” words will attain a coveted space in its dictionary. This year’s mentionable nods include clickbait, NSFW, photobomb, and Sriracha.
8) To achieve the layered-ring look on a budget, I highly recommend this Forever21 textured ring set.
9) The latest topic of female-driven discussion making the media rounds seems to be women who choose not to have children. This article, “I was a proud non-breeder. Then I changed my mind,” is the seventh one I’ve seen in less than a month.
10) Looking for a rosy-pink lip color that looks natural? NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikuegin is an excellent choice. If you need a drugstore dupe, several blogs say NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops is the way to go.
*image found here.