1) This Gizmodo article convinced me to stop buying bottled water. Between the drought and the impact of plastic bottles on the environment, it’s time to stop. The article also does a good job of laying out alternatives.
2) Speaking of bottled water, I own a couple of these American-made Tervis Tumblers to use instead. I’m also thinking these Citrus Infusion bottles could be a good way to add a little lime flavor to my water.
3) The New York Times discusses a book about Upper East Side Moms whose status symbol is the ability to say “I used to work, can, but don’t need to.” Elle.com has the response from a UES Mom who says the depiction of the monied, glamorous stay-at-home Mom isn’t entirely accurate.
5) Think today’s hit music stinks? The intelligence of song lyrics is on the decline, but it really wasn’t that high to begin with.
7) How I miss Shake Shack. Smitten Kitchen’s recipe that replicates their classic burger. I must try it.
8) Has anyone tried this Lancome cushion foundation? I haven’t dived in yet, but it keeps popping up on the beauty blogs.
9) Slate has a fascinating piece on how an 1826 murder and the Freemasons led to the creation of America’s first third-party political movement.
*image found here.