In other words, stop dreaming and start doing.
1) The Wall Street Journal reports that due to budget cuts and smartphones, the 40-hour workweek is a thing of the past. The New York Times also covers how some men who claim to work 80-hour weeks may be faking it.
3) Levo League has some great tips for using LinkedIn like a pro.
4) Lace-up, gladiator sandals are really hot right now. I like these chic and comfortable Gentle Souls sandals for the weekends. And these Ghillie pointed flats from Topshop take the trend to the office.
5) In a world where children are exposed to sexual images, violence, and profanity in increasing amounts at younger ages, there are still people who want to ban “Of Mice and Men” because it contains the word ‘bastard.’
7) Behold, Stratos, the card that combines debit, credit, loyalty cards, etc. into one piece of plastic. Smaller wallets for everybody!
8) I’m strangely obsessed with pom-pom trim right now. This Anthro cardigan makes it office appropriate. This Nasty Gal off-the-shoulder dress in black is awfully cute. This swimsuit cover in gauzy fabric is a glamorous choice.
9) The New Yorker covers the rise of the “mommy blog” and how it’s helped women monetize raising children. Scary Mommy also covers those annoying Facebook friends who are always trying to sell you something at a modern Tupperware party.
*image found here.