1) Bloomberg Politics has an interesting piece about how fast Americans change their minds on big issues. The graphic tracks changing views on everything from gay marriage to women’s suffrage.
2) Looking for necklaces with pop to jazz up spring dresses? This turquoise amulet necklace and this ‘Bamm Bamm’ collar with deep blue stones both pack a punch.
3) 5 Things Every Working Mom Needs to Hear.
4) Shopbop’s Books with Style section is a great place to find gifts. Two books that caught my eye: The Style Mentors and Dinner Diaries.
5) We are finally moving towards equality in the U.S. Armed Forces. Last week, eight women completed the first week of the Army Ranger Test. They have several weeks to go, and I wish them good luck.
6) I adore this Whistles shirt-dress from ASOS. It’s perfectly crisp, but still relaxed.
7) Need a Monday pick-me-up? This video of a bulldog puppy throwing a temper tantrum is hysterical.
*image found here.
Am I only working mom who doesn’t feel guilty? Sometimes I read these articles and wonder if this is a lot of manufactured angst. I’m happy, she’s happy, I get to use my brain for half the day while she socializes with other kids. I will say if I only had 90 minutes with my daughter every night I might not feel the same way, and then I would shuffle things around til we were happy again.
Thanks for the working mom article-a solid read women need to hear more often!
This American Life’s Sunday episode was titled “The Incredible Rarity of Changing Your Mind”… very interesting, definitely worth a listen!