We have some great reader suggested readings today. Thanks to everyone whose sent in recommendations. If you have one you’d like considered, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet the link to @caphillstyle.
1) A new study shows that when corporations succeed, male CEOs reap far greater rewards than female CEOs. FiveThirtyEight explains why male executives get bonuses, while their female counterparts get the blame.
2) This Minus The Leather Shopper from Express has some really unique details with a versatile, basic shape. And all for $69.
3) Prepare to have your mind blown: Sound can be used to extinguish fire.
5) The Atlantic examines how shopping for “fast fashion” (H&M, Forever21, etc.) gives shoppers’ brains a jolt of pleasure. Shopping for inexpensive styles might even be addictive.
6) This Sonic Airbrush Sponge from Sephora promises flawless foundation application via the power of 12,000 sonic vibrations.
7) Mental Floss has an infographic of every country’s most popular beer.
8) I’m a proud American, but British fashion is so amazing, I sometimes wish I’d been born on the other side of the pond. This Emilia Wickstead gown is positively incredible.
*image found here.