1) The New York Times discusses the life lessons you learn in your 40s. “In fact, ‘soul mate’ isn’t a pre-existing condition. It’s an earned title. They’re made over time.”
2) Glamour has a list of the most wearable spring trends. The trends that caught my eye were shirtdresses and all the yellow pieces. This yellow H&M blouse is nice; I also like this inexpensive yellow pencil skirt. For the shirtdress, I like this crisp white one from Madewell.
4) I love the Halogen brand. The clothes are stylish, reliably well-made, and affordable. This dot-printed, pleated skirt is adorable. This fuchsia eyelet dress is perfect for summer weddings, and the coordinating skirt in white is nice for work.
5) Are people more moral in the mornings? Tackling the concept of the virtuous early riser. If it was true that the early bird catches the worm, I’d have starved to death by now.
7) Redistricting is the cornerstone of the American political system. It determines how congressional districts are drawn, and thanks to gerrymandering, which seats are competitive. The Supreme Court is considering the constitutionality of who is doing drawing the lines.
8) Beautiful, Italian-made dresses–expensive, yet perfect.
9) Want to try highlights without coloring your hair? Balmain has a product that works like extensions to offer wearers quick highlights. It’s an interesting idea, but I’m fine with my dye job.
*All the images this week came from Pommel Lane, I love her hand lettering. Definitely give her site a look.
Have a suggestion for the workday reading? E-mail it to email@example.com or tweet it to @caphillstyle.