Belle’s Weekly Reading: February 26, 2015
Feb 26, 2015
I have two midterms and a very big job interview in my immediate future, so today is the blog’s Friday. Ya’ know, priorities and all. Have a safe and fun weekend.
1) With the recent announcement that Harper Lee will publish a new-old novel, some are speculating about the plot and asking if Ms. Lee is being used by profiteers. Also, Mental Floss has a piece on nine famous authors who regretted the popularity of their work.
2) An evening on the town out West usually means wearing denim, so I’ve decided to up my shoe game. These $30 coral heels with a bold shape are a good place to start.
3) Beyonce’s fans didn’t like when a fan site published un-retouched photos of the singer. The Washington Post addresses how 25 years of Photoshop has altered our perception of reality.
4) ASOS has such wonderful dresses. This black dress with an embellished collar is really unique. And if there’s anyone searching for a beautiful, short wedding dress, I found it (also with short sleeves). Truly gorgeous.
5) Double-baked Chocolate Meringue Brownie? You have my attention.
6) Rebecca Taylor has a pretty good sale happening right now. I love this gorgeous pink lace dress and this floral-printed frock for spring. This inset jacket is a unique work option. I’m positively smitten with this ombre, beaded top for evening and this geo-print blouse for day.
7) Are you applying your hair products incorrectly? Cosmopolitan has the answer.
8) Freida Rothman’s beautiful baubles are my new obsession. This gorgeous mixed metal ring has way more than $90 worth of style. I also love this coordinating stackable bracelet. Looking for something softer? These rose gold and silver stack rings are perfect.
9) LAWeekly has a longform piece on the secret life of Hollywood extras. You’ll never believe what a union extra can earn for just a few hours work. No wonder it’s so hard to break into SAG.
10) After January’s post on alternative cleansing methods, I picked up the $10 size of Boscia’s Cool Cleansing Oil. My skin is a bit softer and calmer, but I want to try Ole Henriksen’s Melting Cleanser and Josie Maran’s Argan Cleansing Oil before I commit.
11) Remember the movie Titanic? A new theory about the plot has emerged; be sure to scroll to the end to get the full picture.
*image found here, at Brewed Together.