Belle’s Workday Reading: February 4, 2015
Feb 4, 2015
1) In the past four years, 30 lawsuits have been filed challenging the legality of unpaid internships. With two coming up on appeal, Politico asks: Is this the end of the unpaid internship?
2) I love the chic details on this faux-leather satchel from Forever21. But what I really love is that it comes in your choice of cognac, black, or grey for just $33.
3) The New Republic tackles the workplace policies that make it difficult for women to be both mothers and career women.
5) Love a good argument? Check out these Rhetological Fallacies to make sure your argument is sound.
8) Looking for work dresses that cost under-$100? This Anne Klein dress with a cowl-neck and elbow-length sleeve is amazing. I also like this dotted faux wrap dress; it has a breezy quality. This short-sleeve dress from Ellen Tracy has a pleated waist and comes in six bold colors.
9) Town and Country has helpful tips on restaurant etiquette. Good manners are always professional.
10) Bloomingdale’s has some sweet shoes for under-$150. I love how the texture on these Enzo Angiolini pumps keeps basic from being boring. These Coach pumps mix cognac and black in a chic way. And if you need flats, try these grey Ivanka Trump d’Orsay flats or these casual, bow slingback from Lucky.
11) Many American jobs require licenses. Michigan requires 1,460 days of training to work as an athletic trainer; 26 to work as an EMT. Anyone else see a problem here?
12) When I think of St. John Collection, I usually think of septuagenarian socialites lunching in Georgetown. But this gorgeous white, peplum top and this knit suit in shimmering grey have me rethinking that.