1) When you pass 30, it’s difficult to stay “in the know” about new technology. This article on Backchannel explains how many teenagers use social media, which platforms are hot, and what the future may hold.
2) H&M has some gorgeous pieces right now. This drapey blouse with a fan print is so chic. This navy dress with an asymmetric hem is the perfect day-to-night dress. And this $30 silky shift dress is perfect for traveling; just roll it up in your weekender and call it a day.
3) I bought this spiral vegetable slicer and then immediately went home to make shoestring sweet potato fries and a spicy cucumber salad. Apparently, I’m a kindergartner who needs to be tricked into eating more vegetables. But seriously, the fries were delicious.
4) Traveling somewhere warm? Ann Taylor has this chic striped pareo and candy-colored stripe swimsuit cover. And I adore the print on this navy swimsuit in either a bandeau bikini or a halter tankini.
5) Target is prepping a collection from Lilly Pulitzer. Some Lilly acolytes believe that a discount collab weakens the brand’s preppy street cred. Others are upset because the plus-size options (something readers pushed for) will only be sold online.
6) Are your sweaters pilling? This Gleener Fuzz Remover Kit is a must for taking care of delicate knits.
7) It’s a new year, so why not clean out your closet? Vogue has a decision-making flowchart that can get your head in the right space to muck out your wardrobe.
8) BCBG has some lovely dresses right now. I am absolutely smitten with this pale pink a-line dress with a pleated accent. Looking for cocktail attire? This black dress with a sleek peplum and lace details is pretty. And this white dress with scalloped lace and sheer details is incredibly beautiful.
9) Politico has a fascinating piece on jazz icon Billie Holiday and how she was hunted by the Federal Bureau of Narcotics.
10) Anthropologie has a unique and luxurious beauty department. Myron’s Goods makes “Ouch Stuff” to heal cuts, bruises, and blemishes. Do you have wavy hair? My curly-girl friends are universally obsessed with Love + Salt’s texturizing spray. And all-natural stretch mark fading cream? I bought it the second I saw it.
11) I’m considering buying a citrus tree for my apartment. The website LemonCitrusTree has a wide selection and a 3-year warranty.
12) These Loeffler Randall sneakers are positively fabulous. But spending $300 for shoes I’ll only wear to run errands seems kind of silly. For something under-$100, these Nike Internationalist sneakers and these 420 sneakers from New Balance are good options.
*image found here.