Belle’s Workday Reading: January 14, 2015
Jan 14, 2015
1) It’s the New Year, and I’m thinking a lot about professional next steps. These quotes from successful women are enough to keep anyone motivated for the journey ahead.
2) This $49 berry-colored satchel from Liz Claiborne adds a sophisticated pop of color to any outfit.
3) Meet Elise Stefanik, a 30-year-old mover and shaker who is the youngest woman serving in the House of Representatives. #girlpower
4) The Limited’s new arrivals can be worn now and in the spring. I love this dark mauve dress and jacket set (also in petite and tall). I love these wide leg pants in pale pink (try them with a black boatneck sweater). This muted-indigo business suit is a great (GREAT) buy for someone looking for an inexpensive 2nd interview suit.
5) The publisher of a Pennsylvania paper wants her reporters to stop cursing in the newsroom. She also took away their Mountain Dew. If you’ve ever worked at a newspaper, you know that this cannot end well.
7) A former SCOTUS clerk talks about the lessons that Ruth Bader Ginsburg taught him about balancing work and fatherhood.
8) I’m on the hunt for new blazers and this satin, peplum number from Topshop caught my eye. I also like this leather trim blazer from Piperlime. And if you’re looking for a cheap thrill, this teal blazer from Forever21 is chic and trendy.
9) Frequent fliers will laugh at The Cooper Review’s satirical take on Delta’s new seating plan.
10) Speaking of traveling, I took this Air Repair Kit from Target on my recent trip and it’s the happiest that my skin has ever been while traveling. I may start using their Complexion Quenching Facial Mist every day.
11) Do you have a ‘orphan 401k’? Why the retirement account you left behind may be dwindling, and what you can do about it.
12) This stretch jersey dress is the perfect thing for a not-so-casual Friday when you need to be comfortable, but office-appropriate.
*image found here.