1) The Washington Post has their take on what will be In and Out for 2015. For some reason, I don’t think ‘formalwear pasties’ are going to take off. Though I am glad to see the end of the ‘artisanal toast’ era.
2) Sephora is having a fun post-holiday sale. This set of Formula X polishes has gorgeous shades of purple, berry, and greige. I also love this set of Bliss’s best products.
3) You know how I love a kitchen remodel, so this compilation of incredible ‘before & afters’ is a must see.
4) Coach has some nice pieces right now. I love this feather cuff bracelet. These round stone lever-back drops are sublime. These cognac ballet flats with black toe caps are a sophisticated classic.
5) Champagne (or sparkling wine) is my drink of choice. This Mental Floss article explaining the basics of bubbly is a fun one.
6) This ombre Vince sweater in vibrant blue is to die for.
7) Looking for snacks for the start of the NFL playoff season? These crispy sweet potato skins look like a winning dish.
8) It’s almost time for Valentine’s Day lingerie shopping. For a relaxed option, I like this Calvin Klein set in storm grey lace. This sheer Erica M. bodysuit is an interesting choice. This Hanky Panky set is also a lot of fun.
9) Extra Petite has chic styling tips for poncho sweaters. This cashmere ivory sweater from Charter Club is my favorite.
10) This mauve lace dress is so pretty it should be illegal.
11) I stopped using Uber after their recent price surging scandal, but this list could convince anyone to give up the ride-brokering service for good.
12) Looking for layering rings? The by boe line at Forever21 has some incredible options. This hexagonal band ring is super chic. I also like the twisted coil on this ring.
image found here.
I usually find that In/Out list kind of annoying and this year was no exception. And then Hank Stuever got in the comments section to call a reader who complained about some the obscure references “old,” which is beyond. The list is just not funny and hasn’t been in forever. I like the Post, and I’m from here, but I do hate that DC “attitude” sometimes. Oh well, Happy New Year, Belle!
ARTISNAL TOAST IS THE BEST. Seriously, wait until you are back in DC and go to the new Sliptstream for some fancy toast. You will change your tune:)