1) Out of time to shop but still need a gift? What about baking one? Here’s a roundup of food gifts that aren’t cookies. Or give someone a thrill and send them a regional delicacy delivered by Gold Bely. May I suggest Ben’s Chili Bowl or Jack Stack BBQ?
2) RACHEL Rachel Roy is a brand that I was very into a couple of years ago, and then, sort of forgot about. If you need occasion dresses that are modern and chic for under-$100, this is where you need to be. This metallic sweater dress is really cool. But this swingy, long-sleeve dress in white or black with a neckline detail is must see, must have.
3) Meet the New York man whose company will wrap 8,000 holiday packages, proving that sometimes it is what’s on the outside that counts. This video will give you some last-minute holiday wrapping tips to make your packages shine.
4) I searched for a pair of ankle boots for months. I wanted a pair that didn’t make my ankles and calves look horribly narrow next to my pear-shaped thighs. And fingers-crossed, I think I found them.
5) This kitchen makeover is everything. #allwhiteallthetime
8) Target is my go to spot for affordable housewares. (Seriously, who pays more than $100 for a pillow?) I bought this knotted throw pillow, and I adore it. This Safavieh mirror is a great addition to my foyer. And my closet would be a shambles without Threshold’s storage bins.
9) Gawker has a list of the best books and longform magazine pieces that their staffers read this year. If you want to encounter some written work that you might not otherwise reach for, it’s a good list.
10) Vitamin-C serums are so great for your skin. No matter your age, it’s never too early or too late to start. I like Ole Henriksen’s Pure Truth Activating Oil, but if you need something cheaper, the Body Shop’s Vitamin-C Skin Boost is well reviewed.
11) My dream house is in Walla Walla, Washington. If I start saving now, I can afford it in 2056.