1) Out of time to shop but still need a gift? What about baking one? Here’s a roundup of food gifts that aren’t cookies. Or give someone a thrill and send them a regional delicacy delivered by Gold Bely. May I suggest Ben’s Chili Bowl or Jack Stack BBQ?
2) RACHEL Rachel Roy is a brand that I was very into a couple of years ago, and then, sort of forgot about. If you need occasion dresses that are modern and chic for under-$100, this is where you need to be. This metallic sweater dress is really cool. But this swingy, long-sleeve dress in white or black with a neckline detail is must see, must have.
3) Meet the New York man whose company will wrap 8,000 holiday packages, proving that sometimes it is what’s on the outside that counts. This video will give you some last-minute holiday wrapping tips to make your packages shine.
4) I searched for a pair of ankle boots for months. I wanted a pair that didn’t make my ankles and calves look horribly narrow next to my pear-shaped thighs. And fingers-crossed, I think I found them.
5) This kitchen makeover is everything. #allwhiteallthetime
6) Kate Spade Saturday sells some lovely basics. I adore this long-sleeve black sheath dress, and its striped counterpart. These slip-neck tees have long been a favorite of mine.
7) Where do I go when I need fashion inspiration? Mizhattan’s Weekly Wardrobe posts. I haven’t been able to get this orange coat off of my mind since she posted it.
8) Target is my go to spot for affordable housewares. (Seriously, who pays more than $100 for a pillow?) I bought this knotted throw pillow, and I adore it. This Safavieh mirror is a great addition to my foyer. And my closet would be a shambles without Threshold’s storage bins.
9) Gawker has a list of the best books and longform magazine pieces that their staffers read this year. If you want to encounter some written work that you might not otherwise reach for, it’s a good list.
10) Vitamin-C serums are so great for your skin. No matter your age, it’s never too early or too late to start. I like Ole Henriksen’s Pure Truth Activating Oil, but if you need something cheaper, the Body Shop’s Vitamin-C Skin Boost is well reviewed.
11) My dream house is in Walla Walla, Washington. If I start saving now, I can afford it in 2056.
12) I actually clapped when I finished scrolling through Victoria Beckham’s latest collection. I mean, look at this dress, come on.
That house in Walla Walla is amazing.
And the quote at the top goes along with the one I have written in my planner for the week: “Be okay with you are even if you know you want to change.”
I have been chomping my nails looking for an off white/winter white long sleeved dress that would look nice on this body for three years. oh Beckham….why must they cost double a months rent.
Jenn S. says:
The new kitchen in the remodel is lovely, but the, “old,” one didn’t look outdated or visually bad. Must be nice to renovate like that.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I vastly prefer when the renovation is 70s to modern, than “oh we didn’t like it” so we changed it. Not sure I could justify that spending wise if it were my home.
Jenn S. says:
You nailed it. I was thinking, “That’s a nice kitchen,” expecting the before shots to be haggard and awful but instead I’m like, “Ooh, nice double wall-oven — wait!”
The booties – I wear my boots and booties in the winter, in the snow, so why do they all seem to have 4″ heels?!
I was looking for a heeled pair, but I drive now, so walkability is less of a factor in my shoe choices.
chicin the district says:
that house is amazing and in DC that would get you a two bedroom condo! love it.
I know, right? I Walla Walla, you get a vineyard. Not fair.
Joules (@stylebyjoules) says:
That white kitchen makeover is great, but seriously who needs that many tins of Irish Oatmeal. It would be nice to see a makeover feature what a stocked cupboard actually looks like.