Belle’s Weekly Reading: November 21, 2014
Nov 21, 2014
1) Wills & Kate are headed stateside for a two-day trip to New York and D.C.. The press corps is understandably atwitter, but Buckingham Palace felt the need to remind poorly dressed reporters that they better suit up.
2) I usually post under-$50 bags, but this $85 Kenneth Cole bag is sweet. I love the green, but the basic black and the orange are also good choices.
3) The New York Times has a longer follow-up piece on the N.F.L’s domestic abuse scandal. The article discusses how the player’s wives and girlfriends were ostracized for reporting allegations.
4) I love Deborah Lippmann polishes, and for $55, Sephora has a set 10 of Lippmann’s best shades. The set contains several of my favorites including Good Girl, Gone Bad, Whatever Lola Wants, and It’s Raining Men.
6) Gilt is really on this week. I spent too much time window shopping the Susanna Monaco and Cynthia Rowley sales. But the must-have item I spotted, these black DvF wedges. They’re 3″ high and perfect for wearing under trousers or with skirts.
7) Nikolay Lamm made headlines this year when he created “Normal Barbie,” a doll with the proportions of the average American 19-year-old. Now, he’s selling a sticker kit that allows his doll to have tattoos, acne, stretch marks, etc.
8) I’m so in love with this Trina Turk Popover dress; I can barely stand it.
9) Nordstrom is ending their half-yearly sales. Their new sale schedule will follow holidays like Labor Day and Thanksgiving.
10) Now that H&M has an online store, I find so many unique, inexpensive pieces that I want. This ribbed jersey dress is the perfect bridge between casual Saturday and dinner Friday night. They’re channeling Olivia Pope with this white, wide-collar coat. And this pale pink biker jacket is not to be missed.
11) Looking for Turkey Day recipes? This crispy sweet potato roast from Smitten Kitchen looks amazing.
12) I’ve been scoping out new rings to add to my collection. This mixed-metal barrel ring from Michael Kors has a great mix of sparkle and texture. Madewell also has some great, inexpensive rings. I love this wide glider ring, and this helix ring. Also, these stack rings in a mix of black enamel with a hint of shine, awesome.