Belle’s Workday Reading: November 12, 2014
Nov 12, 2014
1) Harvard Business Review discusses the career paths of female CEOs and how they actually made it to the top. Most of the ladies mentioned in the article worked for their companies for more than two-decades. “The consistent theme in the data is that steady focus wins the day.”
2) Who doesn’t love a comfortable, basic heel for under-$50? The Isani pumps from Sole Society come in black, beige, and leopard. They also have a comfy 2 3/4″ heel and versatile style.
3) Fast Company is talking about the 3 Ways to Be Happier at Work. It contains tips that you’ve probably heard before, like practicing positivity, but presents them in an intelligent way.
4) Bloomingdale’s is having a 20%-off Friends & Family event. I’d hit their Wear-to-Work shop for some new winter pieces. I recommend these NYDJ straight trousers and this emerald Dylan Grey blouse. And I love this Vince boucle, long-sleeve sheath.
5) Cupcakes and Cashmere offers 10 tips on working from home. Her thoughts cover the basics, but sometimes the basic rules are the hardest ones to follow. Lifehacker also has a post on how to get out of the house more when you work from home.
6) Forever21 has some really great blazers right now. I love this dark teal/green blazer. This shawl collar blazer comes in a soft pink. Also, as a lover of tuxedo jackets, I recommend this black jacket and/or this white-and-black jacket for the holidays. And I adore this soft oatmeal, wool-blend coat.
7) We’re all searching for something that resembles work-life balance. Forbes has 4 Tips for People in Work-Hard Cultures.
9) I thought Time’s article about how to stay healthy while working at a computer were interesting. I didn’t know that you should position your computer so that you’re looking down at a 10-degree angle.
10) GlamGlow is out with a facial set that offers some of their greatest hits in travel/tester sizes. The Youthmud is a great way to pep up your skin, and the Brightmud under-eye treatments really beat back sleepless nights.
11) Still need to buy a ticket home for the holidays? Here are some tips on how to find the best “bad” deals.
12) Henri Bendel has some incredible bags right now. This Rivington tote has sleek lines and a front pocket that detaches to become a clutch. This Whitney satchel comes in a gorgeous green with metal accents. They also have some great tech accessories. I love this rose gold iPad Mini case and this spotted haircalf smart phone case.