1) The Guardian takes on the double-edged sword that is being a middle-aged woman. “To be a female celebrity is to lose at every turn. Dare to age? Face-shame […]. Get noticeable plastic surgery on your face to combat the inevitable ageing? [And] be mocked for your narcissism and delusional attempts at hanging on to your youth.”
3) Vanity Fair has the story of how a high-school dropout stole a 300-year-old violin and triggered a federal manhunt for the stolen Stradivarius.
4) Reiss, always Reiss. This belted overcoat comes in three gorgeous colors. This sleeveless, navy sheath would be perfection under this plum-colored blazer. And if you’re feeling something bold, this red lace dress is everything.
5) Victoria McGinley has an interesting post about “second careers.” Essentially she’s asking what job you would like to be doing other than the career you are pursuing. If I was abandoning my career today, I would want to be a television writer and producer. If we’re talking about retirement, I daydream about owning a farm or a ranch.
6) This mixed-metal shimmer polish from Formula X is an adult take on sparkle. I love it.
7) This video from Mental Floss discusses 30 unusual (and just plain weird) wills. Because why leave this Earth without making a splash.
8) Still looking for a casual fall jacket? This hooded field jacket from BP is cute, affordable, and comes in several colors. BP also offers this cute, popcorn-stitch scarf. And don’t miss this bar-detail tote for $54.
9) Ever wonder who’s responsible for removing offensive content from social media platforms? Meet the people who do a job that no amount of money could entice me to undertake.
11) A friend sent me an interesting article titled, “Your Wedding Is the Least Important Day of Your Marriage.” I don’t agree with everything in the article, but I do wish that women spent as much time talking to their future spouses about finances, family, and future plans as they spend talking about table settings and lace patterns.
12) I’ll take one of these, please. Oh, Elie Saab, I love you forever.