Belle’s Weekly Reading: October 17, 2014
Oct 17, 2014
1) Clementine Daily has some interesting thoughts on acceptance v. self-improvement. Because loving yourself doesn’t necessarily mean that there’s no area of your life that can be improved through change.
3) Meet the man who smuggles Trader Joe’s into Canada. The article is a fun read, and if you’re into the law, there are some fun choice of law and intellectual property issues.
4) DvF’s cap-sleeve Bevin dress is on sale for 59%-off. A reader believes that it’s the best dress she’s ever purchased for work. Off 5th has a large selection of DvF pieces including this basic Julian wrap dress for half-price.
5) On his show last week, John Oliver basically summed up how I feel about the pumpkin Spice Latte hysteria.
7) New research reveals that wearing a bra all the time can cause your breasts to sag. (Silent scream.) Here is Stylecaster’s take on the 12 times when you can, and should, go braless.
9) The photos of Alexander Wang’s collaboration with H&M proves that designer collabs can get weird. Really weird.
11) If you like art, Business Week has a piece on the growing market for contemporary art. The article revolves around a Christopher Wool painting that originally sold for $7,500, but was recently auctioned for $26.5 million.
12) If you’re looking for a rain boot with great traction that comes in a bunch of fun colors, these Chooka boots are a great option. And they cost under-$75. If you like a shorter boot, they offer this ankle-height option.
image found here.