Belle’s Weekly Reading: October 3, 2014
Oct 3, 2014
No cough. No fever. No sniffles. Just some body aches, some chills, and that feeling like someone pulled the rug out from under me. I only had the energy for one post today.
1) Thanks to social media and the internet, a story can spread faster than it can be fact checked. Emergent lets you know which rumors can be confirmed and which cannot.
3) The editors at Young House Love one of the most popular home blogs out there are taking a break. Their departure from the Interwebs inspired The New York Times to write a piece on how pro-bloggers are burning out.
4) According to Robin Givhan, flats are back in vogue. These leopard Steven flats are a bold choice. These patent, half d’Orsay flats are awesome. And don’t miss these Seychelles flats with a t-strap and small-stud details.
6) Looking for a pair of black jeans for fall? These NYDJ Sheri Skinny jeans aren’t too slim. These AG jeans have a skinny look. You also can’t go wrong with a $69 pair of jeans from the Gap (also in tall and petite). Need a plus-size pair? Try these Joy skinny jeans from Cookie Johnson.
7) Several people forwarded me this article, The Myth of the Maxxinista, which purports to spill the secrets of the discount retailer. I’m not sure how much of it is accurate, but it’s an interesting read.
9) Imagine being 22 and losing all of your memories, for one D.C.-area native, memory isn’t what it used to be.
10) Coach created some really beautiful pieces this year. This eggplant-colored Borough bag still has my heart. I die for these cognac ballet flats with a black toe cap. And this orange wristlet is the perfect pop of color for fall.
11) 10 things every woman should give up on by the time she’s 30…or you know, a little older.
12) I am a ring addict. Some days, every finger is adorned. My most recent purchase is this super-chic Elizabeth and James cigar ring. This Pamela Love ring is ethereal and lovely. Need something under-$75, this Gorjana Astoria ring is phenom and this Madewell Pave Double Ring is gorgeous and inexpensive.
*photo found here.