1) Ask anyone who has done it, and they’ll tell you that moderating a comment feed is nasty business. This is the Internet, you expect dissent, even trolls. But Jezebel’s comment section was recently overtaken by violent, rape-themed gifs, and their parent company won’t do anything to stop it. So the staff is speaking out against their own employer, never an easy thing to do.
2) Forever21 is really stepping up their game. This waffle-knit sweater looks perfect for an early fall day. This tuxedo blazer is great for a work or casual wardrobe. But the best thing in the bunch–I mean, don’t miss it, good–is this lace panel skirt.
3) Did you know that most of the bottled water you buy is harvested from California, a state having the worst drought in its history? Think about that every time you buy a bottle of Aquafina, Dasani or Arrowhead.
4) This coral satchel is sublime. It’s also a great buy at $89. I also found this $35 camel-colored bowler bag–what a steal!
5) A pleated skirt, worn over pants, with mule booties? InStyle has to be kidding.
6) Speaking of ugly, this Fendi “Monster” Baguette is certainly terrifying. I’ll never be able to get the mental image out of my head.
7) Alterations Needed has a fun post filled with facts about gold jewelry for the savvy shopper.
8) T Tahari has some lovely pieces for fall. I’m a big fan of this color block sheath that comes in beige and black. This collarless black jacket with a cool, snakeskin imprint is fabulous. I also like the soft watercolor print on this dress and this drape back blouse, it’s a softer option for fall.
9) A study out of University of Denver takes on the old adage, “Once a cheater, always a cheater.” Find out if it’s true.
10) The Last Call “just in” section and are best friends. This Halston Heritage dress is splendid. I also like this bright, lightweight sweater. And don’t miss this faux-leather and camel knit moto jacket.
11) The Washington Post has a piece on the designer goods former VA-First Lady Maureen McDonnell received from a campaign donor. The author describes the gifted wares with labels from OdlR, Louis Vuitton and more as “specimens of human weakness, social status and cultural detritus awaiting dissection. Poke at them and the insecurity flows out.” It’s a good read.
12) I think this sequin mini-skirt is about the cutest damn thing I’ve ever seen. If you want a slightly more adult version, try this mid-length Express sequin-print skirt.
Really enjoying the sequined concept midi! Now looking for more options. What a great find. Perfect length.
Isn’t the Fendi Monster Baguette a character on Sesame Street?
Belle, thanks for keeping up your posts despite your finals. They’ve been a real piece of sunshine in my day — I’m away from work with a concussion and I devote my limited internet time to catching up with your posts. I wanted to thank you for taking time to keep us all informed and entertained, wish you the best of luck with exams (just remember, sometimes the best answers are the creative ones and you’re creative!) and let you know you’re appreciated.
Kelly @ Alterations Needed says:
Thank you for the link, Belle! Have a great weekend! =)
I have to say that I was surprised and excited to see the Tahari model. The clothes were beautiful too, but it was nice to see a model who hadn’t been photoshopped to skeleton status (or who was hired because her body is naturally extremely thin). Not that she was plus-sized by any means, but she looked like ME and it felt good.