At 32 years old, you think your days of being off the well-worn path are over. Then, you find yourself sitting in a mid-term 10 years after your last classroom exam, and you realize you’re in the weeds. It’s humbling, frustrating, and I second-guess my decision to go to law school at least once every hour. New things hurt sometimes, even good things, here’s to the dots coming together.
1) One little boy + one prosthetic limb + a toddler-size walker = the greatest YouTube video I’ve seen in a long time.
2) Longtime readers will remember my former co-writer, Miss M. She had a baby boy last weekend, and for his first trip to the doctor, he wore the outfit I bought him. Because what three-day-old doesn’t need a stylist?
I positively adore the Gap organics line. Miss M is really into ivory, grey and stripes, so I had to pick up this onesie. And if you have a little girl, this star-printed onesie is the cutest ever. Okay, enough with the ticking, biological clock, back to our regular coverage…
3) The Curvy CEO has advice for plus-size women on dressing for the summer heat. She also offers this tidbit that applies to all the ladies out there, “Whatever you’ve got, make it look good.”
4) Need a weekender? An all-purpose tote? A bag for weekend trips to the farmer’s market? This slouchy, reversible vegan-leather bag from Urban Outfitters is a great buy at $59.
6) I’m slowly eliminating as many chemicals as I can from my beauty routine. Kure Bazaar is a nail polish line that is 85-percent natural and purports to last as long as regular nail polish. I picked up Melrose (a medium pink) and Mademoiselle (a deep berry) to try.
7) For the unfamiliar, the website Redditt has a regular feature called “Ask Me Anything.” The most recent one featured astronaut Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk on the moon. It’s kind of awesome.
8) The Outnet has some kicking’ jewelry in their new arrivals. This Isharya cuff has black-and-white jasper inlaid in a skinny gold cuff. This Kelly Wearstler ring has the most unusual shape that I have ever seen. This multi-strand amethyst necklace is a life-long classic.
9) In the classic children’s tale, Eloise was a little girl who lived at The Plaza. In this snarky rewrite, she’s middle-aged and lives at the Crowne Plaza in Times Square.
10) Can we talk about lingerie for a minute? It’s wedding season, which means it’s trousseau season. For the best selection of lacy and racy things on the Internet, hit Bloomingdale’s. Between La Perla and L’Agent, the Brown Bag is all in.
11) Kottke.org has a post titled “Better living through motivational passwords.” For example, need to get over your ex? Make your password 4GiveHim. It’s an interesting concept.
12) The $910, flamingo-printed tennis racket bag is sold out. The rich are a mystery to me.
13) Today, on laws you didn’t know you needed: New York bans tattooing your pets. Nope, that’s not a typo.