+ Look for Less

10th Commandment: July 8

Over the past few weeks, I’ve received a number of emails asking for advice on what to wear to summer weddings.  So I thought that I would use the morning posts to feature dresses that can be worn to weddings.  Today, lace dresses.

rsz_screen_shot_2014-07-06_at_31410_pm

Adrianna Papell Seam Lace Dress ($168)

A lace dress is my wedding season go-to.  Lace has a simple elegance to it that is perfect for semi-formal or cocktail-attire weddings.

If you’re looking for a lace dress that codes under-$200, Adrianna Papell’s Nordstrom shop is the place to start.  I also found this lace sheath with 3/4-length sleeves–it comes in five colors and petite sizes.  If you prefer short sleeves, I also found this lace-overlay dress in navy and this coral lace sheath with cap sleeves.  She also makes a plus-size line that features several lace designs.

Looking to spend under-$100?  This full-skirted London Times dress in a bright color is fun.  This silvery-grey rsvp dress is elegant, as is this navy lace dress with a longer sleeve from Wallis.  I also found this $30 hot-pink lace dress at Forever21.  However, my favorite dress is this blush-colored dress with a navy lace accent on the bodice.

1. Anna says:

Hurray! I’m currently stuck in this dilemma, so super timely! I realize I have pretty much zero cocktail dresses, at least not summer ones, and was looking for something vavavoom sexy, kind of unique, but conservative enough for a southern wedding. Pretty close to just giving up and going with RTR. Can’t wait to see what you have in store!

July 8, 2014/Reply
  2. Pep says:

Thanks for today’s post. I have a wedding to attend in early September and I’m already agonizing over what to wear. I haven’t been to a wedding in probably 10 years, so I don’t have anything in my closet that’s appropriate. I saw some good options here; I love that cassis-colored dress! What color shoes to go with that?

July 8, 2014/Reply

Flesh-tone or metallic.

July 8, 2014/Reply
      • Pep says:

Thanks! I’m so over black shoes. I’ll look for a metallic!

July 8, 2014/Reply
  3. Tia @ Tina and Tia says:

Love that purple lace dress! A lot of people I went to college with are incorporating purple into their weddings. (School color).

July 8, 2014/Reply
  4. Willfully Elegant says:

AP dresses are perfect for summer wedding. Feminine and so flattering. Love the Dorothy Perkins pink and gray lace dress. Its stunning.
    Hope you are feeling better now.

July 8, 2014/Reply
  5. Sharon says:

Love your choices and great advice! I just had this dilemma and went with a navy dress – the “new” black! Also Tadashi Shoji has some beautiful choices – they are a bit more money though.

July 8, 2014/Reply