Belle’s Weekly Reading: July 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014
1) “Bridesmaids flashing ass is the hot new wedding trend…” No, it’s not. Seriously, don’t.
2) I don’t usually like Herve Leger dresses, but this one with a sheer yoke is stunning.
3) At least once a week, I contemplate deleting my Facebook profile. What stops me is the persistent rumor that deletion effectively surrenders all your content to Facebook for their unfettered use. But it seems that even when your account is open, Facebook is exploiting their terms of service to do fun things like conduct psychological experiments on their users, possibly harming their emotional health.
4) I don’t often wear camisoles or strappy tanks, but this Crochet Trim Cami Top from LOFT is adorable. I’m even willing to forgive the empire cut. I also like this sleeveless lace tank, in case you want more coverage.
5) After 10 years without a car, my driving skills could use some work. Lifehacker offers 10 tips to improve your driving skills.
6) Piperlime has a new feature offering shoppers a peak into their buyer’s favorite pieces. My favorite picks from their site? This incredible cream lace skirt. I can’t get enough of this $89 maxi-dress, which is nice enough to dress up for a wedding or casual enough for weekend. And do.not.miss these gorgeous Schutz high-heeled sandals.
7) Many restaurants and salons are developing “no tipping” policies in favor of providing higher base wages. One San Antonia restaurant has opted to accept tips but donate them to local charities.
8) A basic pair of pearl studs is a classic, but a pearl necklace always feels a bit stuffy to me. Alternatives? I like this Fallon multi-strand pearl necklace with a large clasp. I also like this opera-length strand for $58 at Nordstrom, wear it backwards ala Jennifer Lawrence.
9) How to roast strawberries. Yeah, I’ll be making this recipe soon.
10) From Sephora’s New Arrivals section, my beloved Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment now comes in 10 colors (Plum is still my favorite). The company is also offering some its most popular colors in a gloss for those ladies who love shine. And I’m really interested to try Estee Lauder’s Pure Color Cheek Rush.
11) For all you 80s-kids out there, Jason Mraz covered Boyz II Men’s It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday. (warning: YouTube link.)