Belle’s Weekly Reading: June 3
Jun 3, 2014
Lot’s of good articles this weekend, so let’s do a double of the weekly reading.
1) Crocs is now making boat shoes. Because nightmares really do come true.
2) It’s graduation speech time. Admiral McRaven has a moving speech extolling how the lessons he learned as a SEAL can be applied to every day life. Mindy Kaling spoke to the graduation class at Harvard Law School. And if that doesn’t do it for you, NPR has the 300 Best Commencement Speeches, Ever.
4) I don’t like to glorify weight loss stories because women are more than a number on a scale, but this piece on Kelly Krause is more about how you can change something that is making you unhappy without having to shame yourself. I really appreciated her advice about being kind to yourself.
5) Oh, Donna Karan, you get me every time.
6) Apartment Therapy is running their “Small Cool Contest” and I love the clean lines and modern look of this 210 sq ft house in D.C..
7) ABC News has a story on the $2 nail polish that works better than Chanel. It’s called Sinful Colors, and you can find it on Amazon. I still swear by my Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab base and top coat, I paint my nails more often now that I know the polish will last longer.
8) Jezebel is hosting the search for the Ugliest Wedding Dress. This Vera Wang dress, featuring a special pocket on the train so that the bride could pull her newborn daughter down the aisle behind her, is a strong contender. I was unaware Vera Wang offered this alteration.
10) Finally, are you annoyed by Facebook “friends” who are always “grateful” and “blessed”, especially when it’s for shallow things like cheesecake ice cream or a husband who cooks dinner once in awhile? Then this NYT style piece is for you. #blessed