1) The Washington Examiner has the scoop on a forthcoming reality show about Capitol Hill produced by an executive from House of Cards. I have three thoughts on this: 1) You’d have to be brain-dead to participate in one of these shows. If you care about your career on the Hill, it’s going nowhere if you’re on a reality show. 2) D.C. reality shows are always terrible (RHOB DC, Real World, Blonde Charity Mafia, etc.) and 3) There is no way that this show can be anything resembling real, so I’d watch it with a mine full of salt on hand.
2) I don’t shop at Old Navy often, but this short sleeved embellished sweater and this tie belt maxi dress have me thinking it might be time for a visit. And do.not.miss this casual tassel tote in light tan, it looks much more expensive in person.
3) If the demographics of the world were represented by 100 people, great info graphic.
4) I have never liked anything Roberto Cavalli designed…until now, this dress is phenomenal.
6) The Nordstrom Half-Yearly is a great time for jewelry shopping. This lapis stone cuff from Melinda Maria is to.die.for. I also love this Alexis Bittar chain bracelet with gold, dark metal and crystal accents. And in the under-$25 category, don’t miss this starburst hinged bangle.
7) The NYT has a fascinating article about a “wingman for hire” who helps men learn to interact with women. He refuses to be characterized as a pick up artist.
8) These high heels are the sexiest thing I’ve seen in a while. The price isn’t bad either.
9) Love to cook/bake? Have trouble with conversions? Give Siri a rest and hang this handy guide to converting cups, teaspoons and ounces in your kitchen.
11) The Levi Strauss CEO wants us to stop washing our jeans. I only wash mine once or twice per month, but his recommendation is a bit more wear than I’m comfortable with.
12) If you spend a lot of time at the beach or the pool, don’t miss Alterna’s Sun Recovery Spray. It’s a leave-in conditioner that helps your locks bounce back after too much time in the sun and surf.
13) The past few Target collaborations haven’t thrilled me, but their upcoming collab with Altuzarra has me thinking big thoughts.