1) Ron Suskind’s son was three years old when he developed regressive autism and stopped talking. Over time, the little boy developed an affinity for Disney movies, which became the way he communicated with his family, learned about the world and developed social skills. Suskind tells the story in a beautiful and fascinating long-form piece that will leave you amazed and very likely bawling your eyes out.
2) The little taste of spring we got this week was a cruel tease. But it does have me dreaming dreams of crisp white eyelet tops and striped t-shirt dresses. I also wouldn’t mind owning these Joie tan and gold sandals.
3) Classy Career Girl has a list of career-advice books for young professional women. I would also recommend I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This by Kate White and They Don’t Teach Corporate in College by Alexandra Levit.
4) The Beauty Department has a tutorial on how to use your blowdryer to heat up your eyelash curler for wow-worthy lashes. My favorite lash curler? The SMK Curler from Shiseido. Want to skip the blowdryer? Try a heated eyelash curler from Sephora.
5) The New York Times has an interesting piece about privacy, pseudonymity and the Internet. The author’s perspective is certainly a unique one.
6) Michael Kors has made his uber-comfortable Flex Pumps in a snakeskin print. They are a great buy at $110. It’s like an answer to a prayer.
7) If you’re still buying your magazines at the grocery store, I recommend buying a subscription. It’s much cheaper, especially with Ebates offering 40% cash back. Click here for a referral code to join Ebates and earn cash back on your online purchases.
8) I am completely obsessed with this white-and-black hair calf belt. I will wear it with everything.
9) A reader asked for advice on where to have her Kate Spade handbag fixed. I recommended she call Kate Spade directly and the label referred her to Rago Brothers, a company that offers mail-in shoe and bag repair.
10) I’m still trying to add some earrings to my jewelry box that aren’t studs. I like these Kenneth Jay Lane double diamond earrings. I’m still liking these Minkoff v-shaped hoops. And, since I’m a ring addict, I had to pick up this Sarah Chloe heartbeat ring. Is there a support group for people who can’t stop buying gold rings?
11) Vulture has an interesting piece on the women who run Hollywood and the impact that being the breadwinner has on their marriages.
12) Gap is having Friends and Family sale, save 40% with code GAPFAM. I recommend this space-dye stripe sweater and this diamond-print shirtdress. You also can’t go wrong with their fitted Oxford shirt. I also like their Modern Boot Pants because they have a tab front, so you don’t get the annoying pointy thing sticking through your shirt.