1) Monocles? The hipsters have fashion trends from the annals of history to revive and they choose freaking monocles?!?! As my cousin put it, “Can we sell Brooklyn back to the Dutch?”
2) I scratched my face a few weeks ago. I’ve tried Vitamin-E and a few other things with little luck. It’s definitely going to scar. So as a preventative measure, I bought this Kate Sommerville serum for scars. Here’s hoping.
3) Dear Amy Poehler, I love you. I truly do. But printed skinny pants and a white t-shirt from Old Navy are not appropriate attire for a job interview anywhere, esp. not at a law firm. xo, Belle
4) LOFT is having a 30%-off sale. I’m obsessed with this Bib Front Shirt and this Eyelet Trimmed Sheath. I also like this Merino Blend Moto Jacket. And if you like spring-weight sweaters, this one, with open stitching on the sleeves, has a unique look.
5) I love when bloggers use their platform for good. Corilynn has a wonderful piece on why we need to stop using the “r-word.”
7) 12 Years a Slave won the Academy Award for Best Picture last Sunday. You can read the original news coverage of the story in The New York Times, originally published in 1853.
8) Drugstore brand beauty doesn’t get much better than Target’s Pixi line. The soft hues of this taupe-colored eyeshadow quad are fab. I also like their Eyebright Primer. And if you’re struggling to find good foundations and powders in the drugstore aisles, I used to wear Sonia Kashuk’s products, I just wish they came in more skin tones.
9) If you follow bloggers, fashionistas or celebrities on Instagram you’ve certainly seen a few of WhoWhatWear’s “Fashion Girl” Instagram Cliches.
11) This Politico article, Reinventing Skid Row, is a bit long, but it’s an excellent read on the politics of gentrification and the fight to end homelessness in America.
12) Gap really does make the best loungewear. I picked up a Terry Pullover and a couple of their Modal tees to wear around the house, and they’re great. I also bought a Pique Bomber Jacket. Not sure how I’ll wear it yet, but I adore the “navy seas” color.