With just a few days left in 2013, I think this quote is apropos. The ending of the year can bring regrets to the surface. But you can only move forward if you keep looking ahead.
1) This article, “Let’s Ban Weddings, and While We’re at It, Baby Showers,” has been making the rounds through my friend group. As the daughter of a divorce attorney, I’ve interacted with a lot of young women who got sucked in by the pull of a wedding and gave little thought to the marriage that followed. Is the solution having to be married for awhile before you can have the extravagant party?
3) Think road construction in America is a hassle? Imagine having your road project shutdown because of elves. Yes, elves.
4) I would wear a trash bag on my head before I donned this rain bonnet. Sometimes, I think designers are locked in an epic competition to see who can sell the strangest item for the most outlandish sum.
5) Oh, how I wish I had purchased these star sparklers for New Year’s Eve. They’re just charming.
7) There are many articles making the rounds on the Internet about the value (or lack thereof) of a college education. This article from Forbes is titled, “Is college a sucker bet?” I prefer this one, which discusses how grit, not IQ or education, will determine success.
9) Kanye West compared his life as a rapper to the lives of soldiers and police because, in his mind, the stunts he performs on stage each night place him in the same kind of danger. So a sheriff in Ohio decided to set him straight.
Somehow, I doubt the lesson will penetrate through the layers of Gucci, Mercedes and Louis Vuitton. After all, the man once compared himself to Jesus.
10) Sephora has many of the kits they brought in for Christmas, along with other products, on sale for 20-percent-off. I love this Ole Henriksen head-to-toe skincare set, and this gorgeous Sephora eyeshadow palette in deep earth tones.