1) Malala Yousafzai, the young Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban for promoting girls’ education, was on Jon Stewart this week, and the clips are amazing. I was so moved by her work that I donated to her foundation The Malala Fund, an organization that promotes female empowerment through education.
3) I’ve been reading a new-to-me blog called Gal Meets Glam that’s worth a read. It’s not professional fashion, but I like the way the author mixes colors and patterns.
5) House of Cards fans: The show’s co-creator says that the show will only run for two seasons since the leads “like to do movies” more. Can’t remember the last time I wanted to see a Robin Wright or Kevin Spacey film…probably not in this decade. Maybe they should stick to the award-nominated, barrier breaking show?
6) I headed over to the W Hotel on Wednesday for the Man Repeller book release party. C. Wonder had set up an “arm party” shop featuring some fantastic bracelets. I loved this two-tone link bracelet. If you like to blend white and yellow metals, it would be a great piece to help you pull them together. I also like this bejeweled crystal bracelet and this black resin, chain cuff.
7) The best acting that I have ever done is pretending that I like to eat salad. Though these ten farmer’s market salad recipes might make me rethink that.
8) Club Monaco is selling sweaters with a printed silk liner and an open back. They look like you’re wearing a chic, silk blouse under a backless sweater. I think I’m in love with the navy one…or maybe the grey.
9) T-Mobile is changing the rules of cell phone ownership, forcing the other carriers to follow suit. The New York Times has a rundown of all the archaic rules that the network in pink is helping demolish.
10) I found a new YouTube makeup-guru who I am obsessed with, she completely demystified cream blush for me. She uses MAC Cremeblend in the video, but since I’m just starting out, I went with Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Plum.