1. Diane says:

Do you have any experience with the Fitzwell brand? Their prices are great (especially on sale), and they have a lot of nice, classic styles, but at that price point, I’m curious what the quality and comfort are like. Thanks!

July 29, 2013/Reply
  2. D says:

I have several pairs of the Fitzwell Lana II’s (seem to have been replaced with the Frances style) and they are a comfortable shoe with a manageable heel. I haven’t been wearing pointy toes so much lately, but I used we wear either black or brown ones every day. I generally cycled them out once every 6 months or so.

July 29, 2013/Reply
  3. Christina says:

I got these https://www.dsw.com/shoe/kelly+.and.+katie+caris+pump?prodId=272553&activeCats=cat10006,cat20006 in the black for days when I will be on my feet for longer than usual in the cooler months and they are absolutely wonderful!

July 29, 2013/Reply
  4. Anna says:

Ugh, the first and third options, but especially the first, look like witch shoes.

July 29, 2013/Reply
  5. Ashley says:

Of the three options presented, I’d probably wear option 2. Other than that, I can’t get into this trend.

July 29, 2013/Reply
  6. Meg says:

I really don’t see this trend taking off. I agree with the above, they look like witch shoes and/or very matronly.

July 29, 2013/Reply

I like the round toe ones better, usually. I like the Ivanka’s, and I think they’re marketing them as an alternative to ankle straps for people with shorter legs.

July 29, 2013/Reply
    • Capitol Hill SE says:

I’ve always thought the opposite, that they might be a tad on the juvenile side. I think they work with some people/styles but not others.

July 29, 2013/Reply
  7. Lindsay says:

Really?! I love the first and third shoes. To avoid a matronly look, you have to wear them with the right look and style it well, but it can be done. I love Mary Janes, so I’m glad they’ll be a lot of options in the stores.

July 29, 2013/Reply
  8. jt123 says:

eek, the third ones make me cringe–I also can’t tell if I think they are matronly or juvenile.

I like the Ivanka Trumps– they were a few pairs of them at the metro center TJ’s this weekend. I also like this Banana Republic alternative: https://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=39339&vid=1&pid=558358012

July 29, 2013/Reply
  9. Ashleigh says:

I had already scoped those ivanka ones out… I think they are too cute! But… I was wondering if they would look funny with pantyhose? (It’s required at my job.)

July 30, 2013/Reply
  10. Hmmmm says:

As someone who is leaving more pumps behind than Cinderella, I love Mary Janes. I find them juvenile as well, but what’s a girl gonna do? Go back to put her shoes back on every few steps? I usually wear them with pants so nobody can tell.

July 30, 2013/Reply
  11. Jssaustintx says:

I like 1 and 2, but the third is too Mary Jane (which I don’t care for) for me. Boden has a cute option and styles their models in them with several of their dresses for sale for good how-to-wear options.

July 30, 2013/Reply