Style + Ask The Edit

From Belle’s Closet: Sole Society Giselle Pumps

I’m experiencing what could charitably be described as difficulties with the Two Ways post.  What difficulties you ask?  Oh, I thought I finished it this weekend, and I didn’t.  Checked it off the To Do List, when it was only half done.

Awesome.

To make sure that you were not wholly without content this afternoon, I re-tasked this post that was supposed to run on Thursday instead.

_7940573

Sole Society Giselle Pumps ($55)

Welcome to Belle’s Closet, the occasional chronicle of my favorite purchases.  Last month, I bought these “nude,” ankle-strap pumps on a whim, and I love them. The pleating on the front is a stylish accent, and the shoes are of a decent quality given that they’re constructed of man-made materials.

My adoration is surprising since I usually avoid any shoe that is more than 3.5″ high.  But these are just a hair over at 3.75″, so I made an exception.

They’ve been my shoe of choice for evening events for a few weeks now.  They’re fairly comfortable, though I did have the toe-box stretched and I added an insole for a bit more padding.  But the heel is wide enough that they don’t feel rickety when I’m walking around.

This is my second pair of Sole Society shoes.  I also bought these woven flats that have a Middle Eastern feel to them.  And I think I might buy these high heel sandals as well, as they have the perfect 3″ heel and would be great for summer.

Honestly, I’ve been happily surprised by Sole Society.  It does take a bit of breaking in for the shoes to be comfortable, but they have more style than their price would suggest and I find the quality comparable to my other shoe line of choice, Zara.

1. Hannah says:

those are super cute! perfect for summer parties!

June 11, 2013/Reply
  2. Alli says:

Where do you take a shoe to have the toe box stretched? The store where you purchased them, or is that a job for a cobbler? Thanks!

June 11, 2013/Reply

It’s the job for a cobbler. I actually bought my own shoe stretchers because it was getting to be such a hassle.

June 11, 2013/Reply
  3. Rosalind says:

How much space do shoe stretchers give? I often find that shoes pinch in the toe but going up to the next size means they’re too loose in the heel.

June 11, 2013/Reply

I usually have to stretch mine twice, but you can get a 1/4 to a 1/2 size.

June 11, 2013/Reply
  4. DCQuarterlife says:

I actually bought these, but had to return. Gave me way too much toe cleavage and not comfortable. Boo.

June 11, 2013/Reply
  5. Valerie says:

Pretty. And interesting that Julianne Hough was involved in the Sole Society collection…perhaps her being a professional ballroom dancer helped with the production quality of the heel, since she’s had to move around in higher heels for hours and hours?

June 11, 2013/Reply
  6. Joules says:

I’ve been lurking around the Sole Society website for a while now. I really love their selection–especially the ones you chose! They look much more sleek and classic than your average shoe retailer at that price point.

Style by Joules

June 12, 2013/Reply
  7. K says:

Could you link me to the shoe stretchers you bought? I find myself spending too much money (and time) taking new shoes to the cobbler.

Thanks!

June 12, 2013/Reply
  8. parker - boardroom belles says:

Similar thing happened to me this week. After never finding quite the perfect pair of nude heels despite extensive searching I found two, reasonably comfortable, cheap ones from asos this week that I absolutely adore.

June 13, 2013/Reply