+ Look for Less

10th Commandment: May 1

PROD_PA1226CH_020

Parker Leather Trim Dress ($99)

I don’t shop at Intermix often, but I like to keep an eye on the sales.  This Parker dress is currently on sale for 66-percent-off.  Black and white prints are trendy this season, so I picked it up final sale.  And while final sales are always a crap shoot, this one turned out perfectly.  See the dress on me, here.

If you’re ready for summer dresses in black and white prints (this silk might be a bit warm for D.C. in summer), I found some options for you.  This full-skirted party dress would be great for Gold Cup or a garden party.  While this printed wrap is great for work.

I like the contrasting print on this pretty frock.  This Taylor dress offers a bit of color with the black and white print.  And if you’re looking for an inexpensive dress, this one, from Dorothy Perkins, is $30.

Plus size? This dress has leopard, colorblocking and bright colors (it’s a lot, but it works), but if you prefer something basic, this printed dress is under-$100.  Petite?   This BCBG sheath has a burst of hot pink, and this short sleeve dress would be great for casual Friday.

1. CK says:

Belle, love this dress and wondered if you could offer a quick bit of advice on sizing? I checked out the Intermix size chart and found that sizes seem to run extremely small. I am normally a size small but on this chart looks like I would be a medium. Did you find this to be the case?

May 1, 2013/Reply

I am a 4 (34″ bust) on top and a 6ish (37-38″ hip) on bottom. I bought the small found it fit on the bottom and a little big on the top.

May 1, 2013/Reply
      • CK says:

Thank you! Sounds like I am the exact same size you are. Good to know. : )

May 1, 2013/Reply
      • Pancakes says:

I’m also the same size as you, Belle. Thanks for the measurements!

I think this dress is going to find its way into my cart…

May 1, 2013/Reply
  2. Sarah says:

I also love this dress, but I’m worried it will be too short on me because I’m 5’11” – What’s your guess on the length of the skirt?

May 1, 2013/Reply

I’m almost 5’7 and it hit at my knee before I bloused it out to make it shorter. So you’re looking at four inches shorter than that, so mid-thigh or maybe just at minidress length.

May 1, 2013/Reply
  3. cbon says:

Be careful with parker silk dresses–they tend to shrink when dry cleaned so make sure to factor that into your size choice.

May 1, 2013/Reply
  4. Anon says:

Ugh I so want that Parker dress and it looks so cute on you but I can’t commit to the final sale thing. Such a shame because I could really use something like that– date night but without being too foofy.

May 1, 2013/Reply