+ Look for Less

10th Commandment: April 30

The new show Scandal on ABC is positively ridiculous.  During the pilot, I eyerolled so hard at a pitchy monologue that I had a headache for hours.  I watched it wondering if this was how surgeons felt when Grey’s Anatomy premiered a few years ago.

So why do I keep watching?  Because Kerry Washington’s wardrobe on the show is positively amazing.  It’s monochromatic with silks and chiffons, and she wears the most beautiful station necklaces.  I would happily move into the show’s costume department anytime.

Elected Official

Marco Bicego ‘Jaipur’ Station Necklace (Nordstrom, $2,570)

Hill Staffer

Kenneth Jay Lane Station Necklace (Endless, $180)

Unpaid Intern

Green Link Necklace (Last Call, $65)

1. Anna Louisa says:

Ha…ditto. If that's what people think that Washington is like, no wonder they despise people from inside the Beltway! But her wardrobe is impeccable 🙂

April 30, 2012/Reply
  2. DCQuarterlife says:

I can't bring myself to watch Scandal. I think I watched 15 minutes of it during the pilot and got so turned off by it. Wardrobe or no, just, ick.

April 30, 2012/Reply
  3. L says:

$65 for an unpaid intern necklace? It’s lovely, but, as a student, I think that’s a little unrealistic.

April 30, 2012/Reply
  4. XF says:

I've yet to watch Scandal but might have to tune in to see the clothes. I'm currently obsessed with Julia Louis-Dreyfus's wardrobe on Veep. Power dresses all the way.

April 30, 2012/Reply
  5. Belle says:

L: As I've mentioned before, don't read to much into the title on the levels. Unpaid intern is always under-$100.

April 30, 2012/Reply
  6. S says:

I had no idea that these were called “station necklaces”. Also, Scandal is a good guilty pleasure type of show.

April 30, 2012/Reply
  7. giggling gourmand says:

L: If you're looking for something similar there are a few vendors at Eastern Market on Saturdays who have had a number of cute options in this style recently.

April 30, 2012/Reply
  8. elz says:

Yes, and how lawyers felt about “Boston Legal,” etc. I have a Kendra Scott necklace similar to the top choice and it is a great wardrobe staple.

April 30, 2012/Reply
  9. EC MD says:

In regards to your question about Grays: I spent five years training in Seattle as a general surgeon. The show premiered the month I matched. In a word? Yes.

May 1, 2012/Reply
  10. Moose says:

Scandal is not worth the wardrobe fawning, it's really not. Ick.

May 2, 2012/Reply
  11. Belle says:

Moose: Kerry Washington's wardrobe of perfectly tailored Hugo Boss, Rachel Roy, Narciso Rodriguez, OdlR and Black Label Ralph Lauren isn't worth fawning over? What would you prefer she wear?

May 2, 2012/Reply