+ Look for Less

10th Commandment: April 12

American Eagle Skinny Jeans (AE, $45)

I’m headed to Pentagon City to buy jeans tonight. Wish me luck.  No matter how you feel about your body, trying on jeans is a demoralizing experience. You just have to keep repeating: fit not size, fit not size, until the sales girl comes to check on the source of the random chanting in the dressing room.

If white skinnies aren’t your thing, I’d recommend white trouser jeans or a bootcut.  White denim is a cool substitute for khaki pants or regular denim no matter the cut.

1. Terri says:

It's right up there with the dreaded swimsuit reflection.

April 12, 2012/Reply
  2. Emily says:

I have a pair of flare-legged white jeans (which I bought about 10 lb ago so I have no idea if they even fit anymore) and I always feel like I'm a Miami housewife when I wear them. I think it's time to buy white skinny jeans, though. I love the look and I think I'll feel more modern wearing skinny jeans instead of flares. Thanks for the great rec!

April 12, 2012/Reply
  3. Kathleen says:

Joe's Skinny White Cropped Jeans fit perfectly ! Highly recommend them.

April 12, 2012/Reply
  4. RiverCityFashion says:

Do you (or anyone else) know if these are a “go up 1+ sizes” cut or not? I always buy online … maybe I have to slog out to the mall to try these on.

April 12, 2012/Reply
  5. DB says:

American Eagle is always a go up one size, at least, in my experience.

April 12, 2012/Reply
  6. Emilie says:

I have to go shopping for white jeans and a dress for a summer wedding tonight, so I'll be with you in spirit.

April 12, 2012/Reply
  7. Virginia says:

Gap's Always skinny are my favorite jeans right now. Flattering and at a good price point.

April 12, 2012/Reply
  8. LS says:

Hah I'm also planning to shop for white jeans tonight!

April 12, 2012/Reply
  9. Lane says:

I have decided to bite the bullet and finally buy some white skinny jeans, I've been hiding behind a trouser leg but now that I've finally shed a few lbs I'm ready to embrace a skinny jean and even try a white one…

As someone who has never owned a pair of skinny jeans or jegging type ones, could I get a few dos and don'ts on how to do them right? Thx!

April 12, 2012/Reply