1) The life cycle of Christmas tree, from farm to house. (Quartz)
2) A sweater dress that you can wear to work? Thank you, Vince Camuto for this sleek frock.
3) Does this bankruptcy filing signal trouble for athleisure brands? (Racked)
4) This Sole Society crossbody has a chic, casual look to it for under-$50. For the working girl, however, their $80 Rosamund Satchel is not.to.be.missed,
5) Why time management is ruining our lives. (The Guardian)
6) If you’re into the faux fur vest look, BB Dakota has the best looking, under-$100 option I’ve ever seen.
7) A sober woman’s journey through the booze-fueled holiday season. (Quartz)
8) Obsessed with gel manicures? This $20 Le Mini Macaron kit gives you everything you need for perfect nails.
9) This video explains why the airlines oversell so many flights. (Digg)
10) No idea where I would wear them, but I kind of love Sam Edelman’s dramatic ribbon, lace-up flats.
Bonus: How to handle a colleague who is a jerk when the boss isn’t around. (HBR)
[image found here]
Kathleen Lisson says:
Thanks for the reality check RE: time management. I’m in India for the next few weeks and convinced myself I should still be ‘productive.’
Monica T says:
Love that bonus article. I started a new job in September and during my interview uttered the fateful phrase ‘I pretty much get along with everybody’ which was true, until I met my new coworker who started the same day I did. I’ve never worked with someone so divisive and negative and caustic. People who have worked here for over 5 years are sometimes driven to consider quitting because of this colleague. Luckily our manager is completely aware, because this person is so clueless about how they come off that they don’t even try to hide it. But it doesn’t make it less of a challenge for everyone.
Also, hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Based on your recommendation I bought the sweater dress. I was hoping it was going to go on sale for Nordstrom 1/2 yearly and it didn’t and I bought it any way. It is the best dress ever. It looks amazing on any figure and is the most comfortable thing. I wore it to work today and got like 6 compliments.
Wonderful. I love when that happens.